I totally stole this from Aunt Becky she commanded me to complete this meme and I always do what I am told so here it is.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I took a stand for what I knew was right and I did what I needed to do to save myself.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, I honestly can’t even remember what they were but I am sure if was something about being healthy and losing weight.
This year? Simple is key. I will floss every day.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Define close? Like was someone standing next to me at the grocery store delivering a child in checkout lane 21 ? No, no one that ‘close’ to me gave birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A sense of style? Mad kitchen skills?
6. What countries did you visit?
The Country of ‘Holy Crap, my life went to hell this year, didn’t it?’ For the record, it’s a horribly shitty ass place to visit. I don’t recommend it and I’m quite certain that Travelocity Gnome avoids it like the plague.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
August 28th, 2012
Why ? That was my first day of visiting the country mentioned in question #6.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I did a lot this year that I am proud of so I will just list a couple things……. I can successfully make ice and unload the dish washer without additional adult supervision.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh, you silly silly Meme…… I think anyone who knows me at all knows the answer to this one.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sure, how much time do you have???
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine because I didn’t physically harm a few people that I have fantasized about hurting.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Once again I was disappointed in Lindsay Lohan’s choices and behavior. I really thought 2012 was going to be her year to get back on track. I was really looking forward to a new Herbie movie or maybe a Freaky Friday Reunion show. Come on Linds, get it together.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Alcohol and diet coke
Moving expenses, and lawyers
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The rumor about The Arrested Development movie, getting into grad school, getting that (damned) swimming pool, attending the OSU vs Michigan game.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
The entire Adele 21 album
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I think this is a trick question – some days I am happier and other days suck
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? No comment
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spying on people, and being nosey
Or maybe more random acts of kindness
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family
21. The perpetually lost question
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Sure, I fell in love with Kirk H ( again ) during college football, pretty much the entire men’s swimming team (during the Olympics), and with Pinterest.
23. How many one-night stands?
I knew this question would be a challenge since my social calendar has been hopping this year. But, no worries I checked with Suri who was able to check my entire schedule for 2012 and the answer is a resounding…………….. ZERO!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t have time for TV (says the snobby ‘I’m in school now’ girl) but when I do I like to watch Intervention, The Soup, and any other ridiculousness I can find.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I try really hard to feel hate for anyone but let’s just say I have some serious dislike for a few new folks this year.
26. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm, honestly I read too many books to choose just one. For someone who loves books it’s like asking a parent to pick a favorite child.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
As I scroll through my iPod I’ve discovered that I really need to expand my music library.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to be rich. I wanted a peaceful 2012 – what did I get? A flipping sh*t storm of drama.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t say I am a movie person. I don’t go to the movies much and when I do it’s to see kid movies.
Gosh, I have crappy answers to this meme, don’t I? I don’t watch TV, I don’t watch movies, I read a lot. Blah, blah, blah.
The Batman movie was cool-ish
And the Hunger Games was decent
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40. I spent the day with my family eating turkey. Just to clarify my family doesn’t typically celebrate birthdays with a turkey or anything odd like that. My birthday happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Revenge or maybe a better stereo in my Swagger Wagon?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfy (not so) chic?
34. What kept you sane?
My army of family and friends. Writing – even though I just started posting some of the stuff on my blog I write / journal all the time.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Because this question uses the word ‘fancy’ I feel like I need the answer to be a British celebrity / public figure. So I am picking one of each:
Kate Winslet and Prince Harry.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Is the hokey pokey really what it’s all about?
37. Who did you miss?
My Illinios friendsThe Hoff
And, as always, my momma.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I’ve met a few fun people this year. The best? My therapist
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
People will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Stand up for yourself and stop tolerating less than you deserve .
And, knives are sharp and ice is slippery.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
‘Love will not betray you, dismay you or enslave you- it will set you free.’ - Mumford And Sons